Select a policy from the menu below to view
Effective as of 1st March 2019
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. BY USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU INDICATE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THEN DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE. THIS WEBSITE AND THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.
Copyright 2019 Intellicomms Pty Ltd T/A ezispeak. All rights reserved.
All content on the ezispeak website are protected by copyright. Except as specifically permitted herein, no portion of the documents or information on this website may be reproduced in any form or by any means without the express written consent of ezispeak.
Content and Liability Disclaimer
ezispeak shall not be responsible for any errors or omissions contained on any ezispeak website and reserves the right to make changes anytime without notice. Mention of non-ezispeak products or services is provided for informational purposes only and constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation by ezispeak. All ezispeak and third-party information provided on any ezispeak website is provided on an “as is” basis.
EZISPEAK DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, WITH REGARD TO ANY INFORMATION (INCLUDING ANY SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES) PROVIDED ON ANY EZISPEAK WEBSITE, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT ABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
In no event shall ezispeak be liable for any damages whatsoever, and in particular ezispeak shall not be liable for direct, special, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages, or damages for lost profits, loss of revenue or loss of use, cost of replacement goods, loss or damage to data arising out of the use or inability to use any ezispeak website, any ezispeak product or service. This includes damages arising from use of or in reliance on the documents or information present on any ezispeak website (including any information posted or placed by anyone other than ezispeak), even if ezispeak has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Release of Information for Legal Reasons
We may release information concerning your use of the website as required by law and when we believe in good faith that such release is appropriate to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on us or the website.
Any information provided to ezispeak in connection with any ezispeak website shall be provided by the submitter and received by ezispeak on a non-confidential basis. Such information shall be considered non-confidential and property of ezispeak. By submitting any such information to ezispeak, you agree to a no-charge assignment to ezispeak of all worldwide rights, title, and interest in copyrights and other intellectual property rights to the information. ezispeak shall be free to use such information on an unrestricted basis.
Information contained in this site may contain references to ezispeak products or programs that are not announced or available in all countries. Such references do not imply that ezispeak intends to announce such products, programs or services in any particular country. Contact ezispeak by email ezispeak at email@example.com for information regarding the products and services that are available to you. ezispeak’s obligations with respect to its products and services are governed solely by the license and/or service agreements under which they are provided. If you obtain a product or service from ezispeak from this website that is provided without an agreement, that product or service is provided “AS-IS” with no warranties whatsoever, express or implied, and your use of that product or service is at your own risk.
Links to Third-Party Sites
The ezispeak websites may contain links to third-party sites. Access to any website linked to any ezispeak website is not the responsibility of ezispeak and ezispeak is not responsible for the accuracy, or reliability of any content on such websites. Further, the presence of a link to a third-party site does not mean that ezispeak endorses that site, its products, or views expressed there. ezispeak provides these links merely for convenience and the presence of such third-party links are not an endorsement or recommendation by ezispeak.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL EZISPEAK BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR ANY USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ON ANY OTHER HYPER LINKED WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON YOUR INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF EZISPEAK IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
We are concerned about privacy and endeavor to collect only as much data as is required to make your experience on the website as efficient as possible. The website has security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the data under our control. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and off-line by use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and after we receive it. While no methods are completely secure and we cannot guarantee absolute security, we strive to use commercially accepted methods to protect your personal information.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Ezispeak website is controlled by Ezispeak from its offices in Richmond, Victoria, Australia. All matters relating to your access to or use of any Ezispeak website shall be governed by Australian federal law. Any legal action or proceeding relating to your access to or use of any Ezispeak website shall be instituted in a state or federal court. You and Ezispeak agree to submit to the jurisdiction of, and agree that venue is proper in, these courts.
Trademarks and Copyright
The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively “Trademarks”) and Copyright (©) appearing on the Ezispeak website are the property of Ezispeak and other parties. Nothing contained on the Ezispeak website should be construed as granting any license or right to use any Trademark without the prior written permission of the party that owns the Trademark.
THE COPYRIGHT ACT 1968
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe any Content or other posted information infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification of claimed infringement under The Copyright Act 1968 containing the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of a copyright interest that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and made under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Our Designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is:
PO Box 1004
Richmond Nth, VIC 3121
Effective as of December 24, 2018
We recommend that you read this Privacy Notice in full to ensure you are fully informed. However, if you only want to access a particular section of this Privacy Notice, then you can click on the relevant link below to jump to that section
This policy describes the types of information Ezispeak Technologies, Inc. (the “Company,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://www.ezispeak.com.au (“Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. This policy does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or a third party or through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
The Company is committed to protecting your privacy. We provide this policy to explain the type of information we collect and to inform you of the specific practices and guidelines that protect the security and confidentiality of your personal data. Please read this policy carefully. If any term in this policy is unacceptable to you, please do not use the Website or provide any personal data.
II. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, which may include information defined as personal data under the General Data Protection Regulation (“personal data”). For example, we may collect information such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, country, job function, company/organization name, annual revenue, industry, current customer status, file uploads by you, product interests, and information related to inquiries and requests. We may also collect bank account information and bank account and routing information. We may also collect information about your internet connection and the equipment you use to access our Website. As you navigate through the Website, we may automatically collect information such as your usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
1. Information You Give to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided when you sign up for newsletters, blog subscriptions and other types of information material; when we process and respond to your inquiries related to products and customer service; and when you provide feedback on our Website. The personal data that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal data.
- Records and copies of your correspondence with us (including email addresses).
2. Information We Collect About You
As with many other websites, as you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including resources (e.g. videos and PDFs) that you access, download and use on our Website, traffic data, location data, logs, language, date and time of access, frequency, and other communication data.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, host domain, and browser type.
- Details of referring websites (URL).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data that helps us improve our Website and deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to
- Determine web site traffic patterns.
- Count web visits.
- Determine traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site.
- Help us to know which pages and content are the most and least popular.
- Observe site search patterns to provide more intuitive navigation cues.
- Determine user frequency.
3. Google Analytics
Google will use this information on behalf of us as the operator of this Website for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Website, compiling reports on Website activity and providing other services relating to Website activity and internet usage to us.
You can also opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics with effect for the future by downloading and installing Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser: (click here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
Hubspot will use this information on behalf of us as the operator of this Website for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Website, compiling reports on Website activity and providing other services relating to Website activity and internet usage to us. Hubspot will further be used to store information that you input on forms on this Website in a cookie. More information about privacy at Hubspot are available here: https://documents.Hubspot.com/legal/privacy/.
To opt-out, click here: https://www.ezispeak.com/?Hubspot_opt_out=true
Please be aware that if you delete this refusal cookie or all cookies, we will also lose the information that you made use of your right to “opt out” from Hubspot.
5. Social Media Plug-ins
On our Website we use website elements from the social networks Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube. Suppliers of the plug-ins are the companies Facebook Inc., Twitter Inc., LinkedIn Corporation and YouTube LLC (“Providers”). Web page elements are e.g. buttons (so-called “social plug-ins”) or integrated content from the providers.
The operator of Facebook is Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbor, Dublin 2, Ireland (“Facebook”). For an overview of Facebook web page elements and their look go to https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins.
The operator of Twitter is Twitter Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA (“Twitter”). For an overview of Twitter webpage elements and their look go to: https://dev.twitter.com/web/overview.
The operator of LinkedIn is LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Website elements of LinkedIn are recognizable by the LinkedIn logo.
The operator of YouTube is YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA, a company belonging to Google Inc., Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Website elements of YouTube are recognizable by the YouTube logo.
Your browser establishes a direct connection to the server of the respective Provider when you visit a page from our Website that contains such a website element. The content of the website element is transmitted by the respective Provider directly to your browser and integrated into the Website. By integrating the website elements, the Providers gain knowledge that your browser has accessed the corresponding page of our Website, and even if you do not have a profile with the respective Provider or are not logged in at the time. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted by your browser directly to a server of the respective Provider in the USA and stored there.
If you are logged into one of the services, the respective Provider can directly assign the visit to our Website to your profile with this Provider.
You would need to log out of each Provider’s services if you want to prevent Providers from directly associating the data collected through our Website with your profile in that service. Finally, there is the possibility of completely preventing the loading of the website elements with browser add-ons.
6. Web Beacons
We currently contract with several online partners to help manage and optimize our Internet business and communications. We use the services of a marketing company to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our Website. To do this, we use Web beacons and cookies provided by the marketing company. A “web beacon,” is also called a web bug or a pixel tag or a clear GIF. Used in combination with cookies, a web beacon is an often-transparent graphic image, usually no larger than 1pixel x 1 pixel, that is placed on a website or in an e-mail that is used to monitor the behavior of the user visiting the website or sending the e-mail. By supplementing our records, this information helps us learn things about, for example, what pages are most attractive to our visitors and which of our services most interest our customers. Although the marketing company logs the information coming from our Website on our behalf, we control how that data may and may not be used.
7. Cookies Used on This Website
Below you will find a detailed list of the first-party cookies we may use on our Website:
|Type of Cookie||Name||Purpose||Duration|
|Session||ASP.NET_SessionId||A first-party cookie that tracks when a user visits the Website for the first time.||Until the end of the session|
|Session||ezispeakdotcom#lang||This cookie captures the language string from browser (in order to serve the right site language).||Until the end of the session|
|Persistent||bf_lead||This cookie preserves user states across page requests||1 year|
|Persistent||bf_visit||This cookie captures the language string from browser (in order to serve the right site language).||Until the end of the session|
|Persistent||cookiescriptaccept||This cookie captures the language string from browser (in order to serve the right site language).||Until the end of the session|
Below you will find a detailed list of the third-party cookies we may use on our Website:
|Type of Cookie||Name||Purpose||Duration|
|Persistent||_hspot_trk||This cookie is associated with Hubspot. This tracking cookie allows a website to link visitor behaviour to the recipient of an email marketing campaign and to measure campaign effectiveness.||2 years|
|Persistent||_ga||This cookie is used to distinguish users for Google Analytics.||2 years|
|Persistent||trwv.uid||This cookie tracks the number of visitors. Set by Hubspot.||2 years|
|Persistent||trwsa.sid||This cookie is used to personalize the visitor’s current visit to the site and present relevant content based upon known information about the visitor. Set by Hubspot.||1 day|
|Session||BIGipServersjrtp4_https||This cookie is set by Hubspot||Until the end of the session|
|Session||_csess||This cookie does not store any personally identifiable information. It is used to uniquely identify your browser and internet device.||Until the end of the sessio|
|Session||_unam||The “__unam” cookie is set as part of the ShareThis service and monitors “click-stream” activity, e.g. web pages viewed, navigation from page to page, time spent on each page etc.||9 months|
|Persistent||_dc_gtm||This cookie is associated with using Google Tag Manager and DoubleClick to load other scripts and code into a web page and for analytics.||10 minutes|
|Persistent||BizoID||Set by LinkedIn Insights. This is an anonymous business demographic tracking cookie.||6 months|
|Persistent||UserMatchHistory||This cookie is set by LinkedIn Insights.||6 months|
|Session||lidc||This cookie is set by LinkedIn Insights.||1 day|
|Session||lang||This cookie is set by LinkedIn Insights.||Until the end of the session|
III. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Below please find information about how we process information collected about you (including personal data) as well as the corresponding legal basis. We may process your information where the processing is:
- Necessary for entering into or the performance of a contract with you. For example:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us.
- To process your job application.
- Necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation.
- Necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by a third party or us (to the extent it does not infringe on any data subject’s fundamental rights and freedoms). For example:
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service (when you choose to do so).
- To keep our Website safe and secure.
- To provide you with technical support and to improve our Website and services.
- To provide you with information that you have requested and respond to your inquiries.
- To notify you about changes to our service or our Website.
- If you are an existing customer, to communicate (including by email and SMS) with you to provide information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
- Subject to applicable law and regulations, in the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation, to transfer, sell, or assign to third parties information concerning your relationship with us, including, without limitation, personal data that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us.
- Pursuant to valid consent provided by you, in order to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, simply do not opt-in when we ask for your consent on the relevant forms where we collect your data or unsubscribe by sending your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For any other purpose where you have provided valid consent where it is legally required.
IV. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. Subject to applicable law and regulations, we may disclose personal data that we collect or you provide as described in this policy:
- To any member of our group, which means our affiliates and subsidiaries for the purposes of:
- Carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us.
- Processing your job application.
- Providing you with information that you have requested and responding to your inquiries.
- If you are an existing customer, communicating (including by email and SMS) with you to provide information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
- Subject to applicable law and regulations, in the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation, to transfer, sell, or assign to third parties information concerning your relationship with us, including, without limitation, personal data that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business or in connection with the administration and support of the activities noted above and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them (e.g., database hosting providers, payment providers, managed services providers, developers, consultants; service providers assisting us with customer relationship management, content development and management as well as facilitating the upload of documents provided by you through our Website).
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you email us asking us to contact a third party, we may transmit the contents of your email to the recipient.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide your information or with your consent when required by applicable law and regulations.
VI. DATA RETENTION
Unless otherwise required by law, the Company will erase personal data when it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed; when you withdraw your consent (where lawfulness of processing was based on your consent) and there is no other legal ground for the processing; when you object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing; when your personal data has been unlawfully processed; and when it is necessary to comply with legal obligations.
VII. CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Do Not Track. We do not currently respond to ‘do not track’ signals as we do not track our customers across third party websites.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own products or services, you can check certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also always exercise your right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by sending us your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. Please note that this does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
VIII. YOUR RIGHTS WITH REGARD TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We remind you that you may at any time exercise certain rights you may have under applicable law and regulation, including the following rights:
- The right to request access to your personal data, which includes the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed, and where that is the case, access to the personal data and information related to how it is processed.
- The right to rectification or erasure of your personal data, which includes the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement, and certain rights to request us to erase your personal data without undue delay.
- The right to restrict or object to processing concerning your personal data, which includes restricting us from continuing to process your personal data under certain circumstances (e.g., where you contest the accuracy of your personal data, processing is unlawful, your personal data is no longer needed for the purposes of processing, or you have otherwise objected to processing related to automated individual decision-making).
- The right to data portability, which includes certain rights to have your personal data transmitted from us to another controller.
- Where data processing is based on your consent, the right to withdraw consent at any time.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Any requests related to the above rights may be made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
IX. DATA SECURITY
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Personal data provided to us in accordance with this policy will be encrypted in transit and at rest.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of your personal data is at your own risk.
X. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
Our Website may contain links or references to other websites outside of our control. Please be aware that this policy does not apply to these websites. The Company encourages you to read the privacy statements and terms and conditions of linked or referenced websites you enter. These third-party websites may send their own cookies and other tracking devices to you, log your IP address, and otherwise collect data or solicit personal data. THE COMPANY DOES NOT CONTROL AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT THIRD PARTIES DO IN CONNECTION WITH THEIR WEBSITES, OR HOW THEY HANDLE YOUR PERSONAL DATA. PLEASE EXERCISE CAUTION AND CONSULT THE PRIVACY POLICIES POSTED ON EACH THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
XI. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age, and the Company does not knowingly collect or use any personal data from children under the age of 16. No one under the age of 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal data from a child under the age of 16, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 16, please contact us at email@example.com
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time. Any changes we make will be posted on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat your personal data, we will notify you through a notice on the Website home page. The date this policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible periodically monitoring and reviewing any updates to this policy. Your continued use of our Website after such amendments will be deemed your acknowledgement of these changes to this policy.
XIII. DATA CONTROLLER & CONTACT INFORMATION
The data controller is:
12 Risley Street
Richmond VIC 3121
Should you have any questions or concerns about this policy and our privacy practices, you may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ezispeak works with a range of highly security-sensitive clients in the insurance, telco and health sectors. This experience means we know how to overcome the challenges in protecting your data.
ezispeak ensures all data is handled confidentially by using secure transition methods with no unauthenticated access to your data, therefore fully meeting the needs of our clients and satisfying all local laws and regulations. There is a Security Management Process. We are continuously improving our security measures and procedures.
Our security awareness program means all employees as well as management are fully aware of our security-related responsibilities. In addition, ezispeak has plans in place to deal with disruptions within a business continuity and disaster recovery program.
ezispeak services run in ISO 27001 certified data centers. All communication with ezispeak servers is protected with 256 bit SSL encryption. Access to your content is protected with our roles-based permission system. ezispeak does not store credit card information.
Code of Conduct
ezispeak is committed to the highest levels of honesty, integrity and ethical standards in all its commercial practices. All members of the Company are required to behave in a manner consistent with current company standards, client-stated requirements and community expectations, and in compliance with the legislation relevant to your role and responsibilities. This Code applies to all persons employed by the Company and associated businesses, and requires all company members to abide by the Company policies provided at their time of employment, during induction and periodic re-induction and as outlined in employment agreements. The Code supports our business reputation and corporate image within the community because it indicates that the Company cares how it operates.
We always conduct our own operations and services honestly and honorably, and expect our clients and suppliers to do the same. Our advice, strategic assistance and services will take proper account of ethical considerations, together with the protection and enhancement of the brand and reputation of our clients and suppliers.
We conduct all our activities professionally and with integrity. We take great care to be completely objective in our judgement and any recommendations that we give, so that issues are never influenced by anything other than the best and proper interests of our clients.
We are committed to maintaining the highest degree of integrity in all our dealings with potential, current and past clients and their customers, both in terms of normal commercial confidentiality (and particularly but by no means only in terms of information concerning information imparted by our clients) and the protection of all personal information received in the course of providing the business services concerned. We extend the same standards to all our customers, suppliers and associates.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND MORAL RIGHTS
We retain the moral rights in, and ownership of, all intellectual property that we create unless agreed otherwise in advance with our clients. In return we respect the moral and intellectual copyright vested in our clients’ intellectual property
DUTY OF CARE
Our actions and advice will always conform to relevant law, and we believe that all businesses and organisations, including this company, should avoid causing any adverse effect on the human rights of people in the organisations we deal with, the local and wider environments, and the well-being of society at large.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
We will seek to avoid any conflicts of interest. Any potential contracts or other significant business opportunities must be referred to and assessed by the Chief Executive Officer to ensure they do or will not represent any conflict of interest.
Policies in relation to staff include the following:
– Staff must avoid situations where a conflict of interest could arise or be seen as a possibility.
– Staff must not accept expensive or inappropriate gifts or gratuities.
– Employees should avoid attending “entertainment” events as guests of suppliers where attendance could raise expectations of a benefit to the suppliers.
The criteria used in the selection of suppliers will be price, quality and reliability. Company members are not permitted to seek personal favours from suppliers. Payment terms will be honoured and accounts payable processes in terms of agreed arrangements.
Contracts will usually be in the form of a detailed proposal, including aims, activities, costs, timescales and deliverables. The quality of our service and the value of our support provide the only true basis for continuity. We will fully meet our clients’ contractual requirements.
We maintain the quality of what we do through constant ongoing review, both internally and with our clients, of all aims, activities, outcomes and the cost-effectiveness of every activity. We encourage regular review meetings and provide regular progress reports.
We have a firm commitment to environmentally sustainability and acceptable practices and the minimisation of adverse impacts of our operations on the environment. We have and will continue to develop and implement processes and practices to achieve this.
SUPPORTING THE LOCAL ECONOMY
As far as practicable in terms of cost, availability and quality fitness for purpose, we wiill buy products and services produced in Australia.
CHARITIES AND SPONSORSHIPS
Sponsorship proposals should demonstrate a beneficial correlation between our company, the recipients and our target markets. Sponsorship packages should contain elements that directly benefit the company, rather than individuals in our organisation. Donations and gifts to charities will be be assessed on their individual merits. The personal interests of the officer making the assessment or decision must not influence them.
EQUALITY AND DISCRIMINATION
We always strive to be fair and objective in our advice and actions, and we are never influenced in our decisions, actions or recommendations by issues of gender, sexual orientation, race, creed, colour, age or personal disability. In interviewing applicants for new positions or promotions, the company will only consider the requirements of the job and the skills of the applicant in meeting the job requirements. In decisions about employment conditions or continued employment of an individual, the company will not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, religious or political affiliation, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or disability.
Community Data Privacy Notice
Ezispeak is committed to protecting your privacy by maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of the personal data we collect from you in the context of our recruitment and application process and the fulfillment of your contractual relationship with us as a member of our Community of translators, raters, testers and interpreters. This Privacy Notice describes how we, as controllers of your personal data, collect and process your personal data, including how we may use this personal data in the recruitment and application process and, if you are engaged to provide services to us, in connection with that contractual relationship (the “Purpose”).
Types of Personal Data We Collect
As part of our recruitment and application process and, if you elect to become a member of our Community by agreeing to a services contract with us, we may collect certain personal data and special categories of personal data as listed below, and any other identifying data as may be required for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice.
IMPORTANT: Please note that the below list of personal data we may collect about you for the Purpose is more fully detailed in “Legal Bases and Purposes of Processing” below. This list is intended to be as complete and accurate as reasonably possible, but it is not exhaustive and may be updated from time to time in the manner described in “Updates to our Privacy Notice”.
|Background and Contact Data|
|Security and Access Control Data|
|Special Categories of Personal Data|
Legal Bases and Purposes for Processing your Personal Data
We will process your personal data for the following purposes and on the following lawful bases:
|Entering into or Performance of a ContractIt is necessary to process your personal data in order to enter into and perform our obligations under our recruitment and application process and the fulfillment of a contractual relationship with us. We therefore rely on this legal basis to collect and otherwise use your personal data to enable us to perform our part of our contract with you and our obligations to third parties, and to ensure that you are properly fulfilling your obligations to us.
IMPORTANT: In the event that you do not wish to provide us with your personal data for these above purposes, we will not be able to offer our recruitment and application process and the fulfillment of a contractual relationship with us.
|Legitimate Interests We process your personal data on the basis that the processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of Ezispeak, including those related to performance of contractual or legal obligations, and does not unduly affect your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
It is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of Ezispeak (set out in the column to the right) to process your personal data.
IMPORTANT: Before we process your personal data to pursue our legitimate interests for these purposes, we determine if such processing is necessary and we carefully consider the impact of our processing activities on your fundamental rights and freedoms. On balance, we have determined that such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests and that the processing which we conduct does not adversely impact on these rights and freedoms.
|Compliance with a Legal Obligation It is necessary to process your personal data to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.||
|Assessment of Work Capacity It is necessary for us to collect and process your personal data (including special categories of personal data) in order to assess your services capacity.||
|Defend, Establish or be a Party to Legal Claims It might be necessary to process your personal data in order for us to establish, investigate, exercise or defend legal claim to which you are a party.||
Parties with whom we Share your Personal Data
By disclosing your personal data as part of our recruitment and application process and the fulfillment of a contractual relationship with Ezispeak, you acknowledge that your personal data may be shared among Ezispeak Group Companies and outside the Ezispeak Group Companies with third parties, including the customer who is the beneficiary of the services you may perform (as described below):
|Ezispeak Group Company
|Third Party Service Providers
Please note that we will not disclose your data to any third party for the purposes of any direct marketing of products or services without your permission or providing you with an opportunity to opt out of receiving the direct marketing.
Storing and Protection of Your Personal Data
As an applicant of a Ezispeak Europe Group Company, or you have a contractual relationship with a Ezispeak Europe Group Company, your personal data is stored in a centralized database information system and/or other systems that are hosted on a secure server located in the United States. We and/or our third-party service providers will process, view and maintain your personal data in the United States. We have entered into appropriate terms of service with our third-party service providers which restrict access to personal data while stored in the United States.
We use commercially reasonable organizational, technical and administrative procedures to protect against unauthorized or unlawful access, processing, disclosure, alteration, destruction or accidental loss of your personal data.
We collect, process and maintain your personal data in accordance with the practices described in this Privacy Notice, applicable Ezispeak policies and applicable local legal and regulatory requirements.
Retention of Your Personal Data
We limit access to and use of your personal data to authorized persons. We will retain your personal data as long as needed to fulfill the purposes as described in this Privacy Notice and in accordance with Ezispeak records retention policies and local laws and regulations. When your personal data is no longer needed, we will securely destroy it.
Please note that in certain circumstances, we may be required to hold your data for a longer period, for example, if we are processing an ongoing claim or believe in good faith that the law or a relevant regulator may reasonably in our view expect or require us to preserve your data.
Your Rights in Relation to your Personal Data
We rely on you to provide accurate, complete and current personal data to us. The following table sets out your rights which you have to address any concerns or queries with us about the processing of your personal data. Please note that these rights are not absolute and are subject to certain exemptions under applicable data protection law.
|Right of Access:||You are entitled to ascertain what type of personal data Ezispeak holds about you and what we do with that information. You are also entitled to receive a copy of this information.|
|Right to Rectification:||You have a right to have any inaccurate personal data which we hold about you updated or corrected.|
|Right to Restrict Use:||You have a right to stop Ezispeak from using your personal data in certain cases, including if you believe that the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or our use of your information is unlawful. If you validly exercise this right, we will store your personal information and will not carry out any other processing until the issue is resolved.|
|Right to Object:||Where we rely on legitimate interest to use your personal data, you have a right to object to this use. We will desist from processing your personal data unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate grounds for the continued processing of your personal data|
|Right to Erasure:||In certain circumstances, you may also have your personal data deleted, for example if you exercise your right to object (see above) and Ezispeak does not have any overriding reason to process your personal data or if Ezispeak no longer requires your personal data for the purposes set out in this notice.|
|Right to Data Portability:||If we are processing your personal data in order to perform your contract of services or if we are relying on consent to process your personal data, you may request us to provide you with your personal data which you have given us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you may request us to transmit your personal data directly to another controller where this is technically feasible.|
|Right to Object to Automated Decision-Making:||You have a right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you. Ezispeak will not subject you to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling.|
Cookies and Other Data Tools
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
We may update, amend or remove this Privacy Notice from time to time. When we update or amend this Privacy Notice, we will also update the date at the bottom of this Privacy Notice. Only the current Privacy Notice is effective, so please review it periodically. When we materially update or amend this Privacy Notice, we will notify you by posting a notice of such changes on this page before they take effect.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this Privacy Notice or Ezispeak’s privacy practices, or any concerns regarding a possible violation of this Privacy Notice, our practices or any applicable privacy law, (i) if you have a Ezispeak e-mail address, then you can contact us at email@example.com
When you use the TIS, we collect personal information about you for the purposes of providing telephone interpreting services. The personal information is limited to that which you disclose over the phone, when booking a call, or providing us feedback. This information is viewable by Ezispeak staff and interpreters for the purpose of providing services.
Your personal information may be accessed by Ezispeak or MBIE staff or authorised third parties (including third-party service providers) for the purposes contained in this privacy statement or any other lawful use.
As part of Ezispeak’s commitment to providing the best possible service to its customers, all interpreted calls are recorded. Calls are recorded for quality assurance and training purposes, helping Ezispeak to monitor and improve the quality of the telephone interpreting services it provides through its interpreters.
Your personal information will be held by Ezispeak and in limited circumstances by MBIE. Ezispeak will take reasonable precautions to store and keep your personal information secure in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. Call recordings will be kept for a maximum of two years after which they will be destroyed by ezispeak.
You have the right to:
- find out whether Ezispeak/MBIE or any other agency using the TIS provided through Ezispeak hold personal information about you
- access that information; and, if applicable
- request corrections of that information.