Any agency that’s part of the New Zealand Public Sector can use collaborative contracts including All-of-Government contracts, open syndicated contracts and common capability contracts. Some other agencies can also use the contracts – check the list of eligible agencies if you’re not sure. If you’re not automatically eligible, you can apply.
1- the Crown (including the Governor-General); or
2- the Ministers of the Crown; or
3- the following persons, organisations or entities:
- each Public Service department, as defined in section 27 of the State Sector Act 1988; or
- the New Zealand Defence Force, the New Zealand Police, the New Zealand Security Intelligence Service, the Parliamentary Counsel Office, the Office of the Clerk of the House of Representatives and the Parliamentary Service; or
- each Crown Entity, as defined in section 7 of the Crown Entities Act 2004; or
- the Reserve Bank of New Zealand; or
- the Office of the Controller and Auditor-General, the Office of the Ombudsmen, and the Office of the Parliamentary Commissioner for the Environment; or
- each corporation listed in the first schedule to the State Owned Enterprises Act 1986; or
- each local authority, as defined in section 5 of the Local Government Act 2002,
MBIE (as Procurement Functional Leader for the New Zealand Government) applies an eligibility test when assessing an agency’s eligibility to join any collaborative contract.
The eligibility test applies on an elimination basis as demonstrated in the interactive decision tree below.
Simple. Go to our online self-service page to submit a ticket. A member of the team will respond within 3 hours.
Our model is designed using best practice principles in capacity management. This means, based on demand, we ensure we have the right mix of interpreters by skill and time of day. There may be times when the call takes a little longer to connect but as the service progresses, these times will reduce dramatically.
We have established an interim process for eligible agencies to access telephone interpreting whilst they are finalising their agreement. Please call our Customer Service team straight away and they will be able to assist you immediately.